Real Estate Investing can be very lucrative when dealing with “MOTIVATED SELLERS”. Working with Motivated Sellers opens up more creative investing possibilities, increases the number real estate investment deals you do, keeps more money in your pockets in terms of upfront costs and profit potential and lastly it just simply easier to work with sellers who are emotionally committed.
Some of the methods listed below are free and low-cost. They can used for flipping or wholesaling property, buy & hold strategies, commercial and even to locate rehab investment deals. Leave a comment below to tell me what you think or share one of your own.
27 Ways For Real Estate Investors To Find Motivated Sellers
- Title Companies: First ones to know when a closing does not pan out.
- Tax Deed Sale Properties: Easy to get a list from county and state.
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram
- Retirees: Excellent prospects for seller financing and homes with equity.
- Rental Agents & Property Managers: Has a list of non-owner occupied owners and can identify landlords eager to get rid of cash-flow property.
- Networking: Connect with Investors online, Call We Buy Houses ads & signs, Investment Associations & Clubs
- Mobile Homes: Get to know park managers. Sellers have hard time dealing with banks.
- Car Signs and Wraps: Tell the world that you “buy houses” while running your errands.
- Local Fast Food: Many sell advertising. Pick a target neighbor and test.
- Lis Pendens: Notice of a law suit, usually a foreclosure.
- Judgments & Liened Properties: Public county or city records, Mechanics Liens, HOA Liens, Tax Liens
- Investor Packages: May be able to negotiate seller financing as well as terms
- FSBO Signs: for sale by owner
- “We Buy Houses” Bandit Signs: Think Shopping Centers, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Malls. Put near high traffic intersections or pay someone to do it for you. Print on both sides. (Check your local sign ordinances.)
- Farm & Drive for Dollars: Study a local neighborhood and establish yourself as the go-to problem solver for distressed owners and distressed property
- Military Bases: Great market for those needing to sell quickly
- Expired MLS Listings: Get automated email list from a real estate agent.
- Door Hangers: You can also use pre-printed post-it notes to leave messages at target properties. Be sure to advertise on both sides, you can even sell the back side and recover your advertising cost!
- Direct Mail: Pre-Foreclosure Letters, Probate Letters, Out of Town Owners, Bankruptcies, Divorce, Delinquent Taxes, Military Owners
- Courts: Eviction Filings, Probate, Divorce Cases, Tax Liens, Code Violations
- Condemned Houses: Many counties will provide you a free list.
- Real Estate Ads: Look for specific keywords that could possibly mean the seller is motivated such as: transferred, motivated, divorce, owner financing, must sell, etc. (online & print media)
- Price Reduced MLS Listings: Get automated email list from a real estate agent.
- Bird Dogs: These people can be very valuable to your business. It is important to know your local laws about compensating unlicensed people, however, so do your homework first!
- Advertising: Daily, Monthly, Simple: Quick Closing, All Cash etc., We Buy Houses Ads, Newspapers, Flyers, Online
- Damaged/Distressed Houses: Looks for blue tarps on roofs, boarded up windows, overgrown yards, etc Contact the owner to see if they want to sell the property.
- Withdrawn MLS Listings – Get automated email list from a real estate agent.
Real Estate Investing using “motivated sellers” will make your investing easier and can help you achieve your financial dreams and give you the freedom that you want to enjoy your life.
It does require some effort on your part to find real estate investment deals and sellers who are highly motivated to use creative real estate investing buying and selling strategies. This list just touches the tip of the iceberg but if you only used three of any of the “27 Ways Real Estate Investors Find Motivated Sellers” listed above you will have a much better chance at achieving your investing success.
Let us know how your investing is going anytime & best of luck investing!